Capstone Logistics Senior Director of Partnership in Denver, Colorado
The Senior Director of Partnership is primarily responsible for leading and executing our strategic operational excellence initiatives throughout our partner's network. This includes partner advocacy, satisfaction, retention, standardization, efficiency, consistency and growth. This role consistently interfaces with our partners Senior Management team and is expected to provide effective communication and influence as the driver and internal expert of operational excellence. In addition, the role requires coaching, mentoring and people development of indirect reports and other cross functional associates. This position reports to the Chief Partnership Officer. This position requires the availability to travel 75%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, lead, manage, and execute strategic operational initiatives throughout the organization, and specific to one or more partners.
- Create collaborative and proactive partnerships that drive value creation for both our organization and our partners. Interface with partner senior management. Monitor partner contacts and organization.
- Analyze partner data and recommend improvements for internal and external efficiencies, KPI's and financial performance.
- Provide effective communication and influence as the driver and internal expert of operational excellence relative to the specific assigned client(s). Prepare reports for partner business on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
Coach, mentor and develop indirect reports and other cross functional associates.
Business alignment on key issues
- Value creation for partners
- Revenue and CM generating opportunities
- Operations and financial improvement across the partner network
- Strategic and operational oversight of specific accounts
- Resource alignment
- Project management
- Service improvement (Measurements and Reporting)
- Cost reduction
- Partner specific innovation
- Market and partner intelligence
- Project Management
- Business Reviews and Presentations
- Partner contract renewals/retention
- Documented alignment with Partner Operations/Supply Chain
- Distribution strategies
- Value driving projects and initiatives
- Operations KPI improvement over baseline targets
- Increases in revenue and CM organic
- Increases in revenue and CM new business
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field required, Master's degree preferred.
Five to ten years operations management within distribution & warehousing with multiple location responsibility. 3PL experience required. Grocery and retail experience a plus.
- Experience starting up and managing new locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel 75% or more.
- Must have prior P&L or Cost Center Control responsibility
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
At least 5 years of experience in process driven leadership roles in Supply Chain / Industrial Services / Manufacturing
- 3 -- 5 years experience in B2B account management and service
- Strong proficiency in Continuous Improvement disciplines: Lean / Kaizen / Six Sigma
- Process Design / Project Management / Facilitation capabilities
- Strong Statistical analysis / Data manipulation experience and proficiency
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Formal Training and Consulting capabilities.
- Any prior Quality / Lean Six Sigma certifications are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics Required
- Leadership -- the ability to instill trust, provide direction and delegate reasonability
- Execution -- the drive to take action, achieve results, think creatively, work efficiently and competently
- Communication -- the capacity to listen to others, process information and communicate effectively
- Relationships -- the ability to build personal relationships and facilitate team success
People Development -- the passion to cultivate individual talents, motivate successfully, display commitment and seek continuous improvement
Safety Awareness -- the understanding of safety programs and proven operational oversight of safety program in a managed work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled