Omnicell, Inc. Sr. Project Manager in Denver, Colorado
Sr. Project Manager
Location Denver, CO
Job Category Field Operations
Employment Duration Full-Time Regular
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!
Sr. Project Manager
At Omnicell, we’re hiring a Sr. Project Manager to manage large complex solution implementation projects. Reporting to the Manager, Professional Services PMO the Sr. Project Manager will manage the overall project success to include the communication, timelines, scope and work closely with the onsite execution team members. Reporting overall project status to leadership, following and using the PMO’s processes, standards, and templates. Demonstrated understanding with PMI standards, required knowledge with PM tools and works with the management team to develop and incorporate project management best practices into the overall methodology.
▪ Leads the overall execution of large, strategic implementations for key customers (large health systems customers) with multi-solution portfolios.
▪ Manages all solution implementations as the single point of contact (Medication, Supply, XR2, CPM, PC, IV) for approximately 4-6 high visibility projects running concurrently and ensure successfully execution and completion of work.
▪ Develop and manage project scope; project plan and communication plan. Acts as the focal point for all communications with internal as well as external stakeholders.
▪ Align with Customer Success team in customer discovery and project scoping ▪ Addresses and resolves customer escalations promptly. Leverages key stake holders and others within the business to resolve business matters as needed.
▪ Lead work with project resource planning, project management (which may also include managing the server upgrade and new interface coordination) and scheduling. Responsible for revenue management and forecasting.
▪ Partner with field education teams to design education for onboarding and education throughout the professional services organization team.
▪ Continuous collaboration interdepartmentally to promote and transform PMO activities
▪ Plays a pivotal role in the PMO Mentorship Program and provides coaching and development to multiple mentees.
▪ Facilitates with Sales Team any pre-sales engagement work activity as needed.
• Demonstrated capability to organize, lead and execute on a variety of highly complex and diversified projects with a passion for delivering results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey facts and demonstrate effective listening skills as a means of engaging with others.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills; must have a demonstrated track record of reliability.
• Demonstrated capability in the completion of standard project documentation and processes in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated tenacity and willingness to overcome challenges with the goal of successfully driving projects to completion.
• Must be able to juggle competing priorities and deadlines and is willing and able to adapt to needs of business in a constant changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to apply tact and diplomacy when addressing all levels of staff. Must possess a high degree of business acumen when dealing with C-Suite Hospital Executives and possess the capability to independently conduct/facilitate customer meetings.
• Ability to anticipate needs of internal and external customers and respond in an appropriate manner.
• Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate effective leadership skills in the areas of problem solving; negotiation; facilitation; decision making and change management.
• Experience in accurate revenue planning and management based on agreed upon project plan.
• Working knowledge of, SAP, JIRA, Slack, Box, Smartsheet MS Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access.
• Expert skillset in supporting all project lifecycle phases, including: Initiating, Planning, Execution and Closure.
▪ Bachelor Degree in Healthcare, Business, Project Management or other Technical Discipline.
▪ Must hold PMP certification through Project Management Institute.
▪ Minimum 8+ years project management or implementation management experience
• Prior experience with organizational change management or user experience-related work
• Experience in the healthcare or biotechnology fields
• PgMP Certification through Project Management Institute
• This position is home based. Must be willing and able to work across different time zones.
• Must have a reliable means of transportation to travel to customer sites that are within reasonable commute.
• Must be willing and able to support work during non-business hours as customer needs dictate.
• Travel requirement – up to 75% may be required at times dependent on customer needs
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.