Frontier Airlines Technical Business Analyst II in Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, USA
* **Why Work for Frontier Airlines? *
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Technical Business Analyst II works proactively with business units, technology partners, project managers and development teams on assigned portfolio projects. The TBA II creates and maintains technical requirements, creates user stories and support documentation for a wide range of assigned portfolio initiatives and projects. The analyst will analyze current business processes and link business and technical requirements to develop supportable solutions. The analyst must be a self-starter with strong technical writing, requirements gathering, process design and communication skills, as well as possess a strong technical vocabulary to be able to communicate and clarify requirements between IT and business stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and develop functional requirements/user stories to support new initiatives and projects.
- Document specifications for solution development and/or software enhancement via requirement workshops, interviewing business owners or interfacing directly with business partners.
- Own documentation for testing, implementation and support for business solutions, application and/or software enhancement.
- Work with the business to perform necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine feasibility of project, implementation or new business request.
- Utilize analytics such as Six Sigma to assist organization in achieving goals of reducing costs, improving efficiencies and increasing revenues.
- Work with business and technical department on documentation of current application and data integrations.
- Own overall design and creation of test plans and UAT testing documentation processes.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Analysis, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related major; combination of relevant education and technical business analyst experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in addition to degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience with enterprise application integration requirement including transactional databases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent requirements documentation skills
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise application and database interfacing including transactional database applications
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and share that knowledge with team members
- Ability to support IT objectives within the business environment
- Ability to analyze business processes and provide guidance in selecting technological solution
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve a collective goal
- Proficiency in Microsoft productivity tools
- Motivated self-starter, with good learning and communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in working in the IT and aviation industry
- Focus on timelines and deliverables
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Occasional night and weekend work may be required
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
*Salary Range: *$62,400 - $78,000
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: January 5, 2021