HSS Inc Technical Support Manager in Denver, Colorado
This position's primary responsibility is the management of the HSS Technology Services team and processes across the corporation in support of its business goals and customers.
Provides oversight for end-user IT equipment and services, including troubleshooting of hardware/software, PCs, printers, office desktop and wireless phones, in addition to basic end-user training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Monitors the HSS Technology Services Support team and ticket tracking system to ensure all service level agreements (SLA's) are within established goals.
- Develops and continually updates training material for new and existing IT technicians for transfer of knowledge of HSS network structure and applications including conducting training sessions to improve technical and troubleshooting skills to enhance technical service provided by help desk.
- Develops and revises SLA's and other IT Performance Metrics.
- Monitors & tracks response time for all work orders, interpersonal communication with clients, accuracy of technical assistance provided and proper closure/escalation of calls referred to other areas.
- Interfaces with vendors, other outside companies, and agencies.
- Provides leadership and guidance to technicians in troubleshooting escalated issues related to hardware and software problems.
- Troubleshoots complex problems immediately to avoid costly down time and service outages.
- Specifies, prepares cost estimates, and procures all hardware, software and supplies.
- Actively participates in the annual IT budget preparation.
- Evaluates vendor products in hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment and recommends purchases consistent with the organization's short and long-term objectives.
- Maintains an inventory of hardware, software, site licenses and other IT assets.
- Trains IT personnel and complete employee onboarding when necessary
- Creates documentation and user instructions for HSS IT personnel and general users.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommends and implements IT policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures.
- Plans, prioritizes, coordinates and supervise the IT operations work flow.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and 3 - 5 years computer systems support experience involving hardware, software, printers, and applications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 3 plus years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of technical project leadership and/or project management experience.
- Understands Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IIS, SQL and other network administration servers. Should be comfortable using network management and remote administration tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with people at all levels within the organization to deliver world class customer service.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- ITIL/ITSM or other Industry Certification highly desired.
- Competency in mobile device solutions and the ability to manage telecom vendors.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of independent judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to be on-call according to the department schedule.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and ability to meet HSS' driving requirements.
- Must be US citizen to obtain security access for certain client locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While preforming the duties of this position, individual may be required to be onsite for extended periods using computers and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May push, pull, lift or carry hardware and other items weighing up to 50 pounds. Operates a motor vehicle on occasion. Operates a variety of standard office equipment such as a PC, printer, telephone, and facsimile (fax). Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Must be able to distinguish colors to identify color-coded cable, wiring, and electronic components, and/or to input GIS data. May occasionally be required to physically bend, couch, crawl, kneel, reach or twist. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation.
This job can be stressful and may require work on evenings and weekends.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled