J&J Family of Companies Trade Compliance Process Lead in Denver, Colorado
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Trade Compliance Process Lead, located in Skillman, NJ; consideration for San Diego, CA or other Johnson & Johnson United States locations.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
As the Lead, you are responsible for the documentation of business processes, workflows, and training material to meet Global Trade Compliance standards and US Customs and partner government agencies’ regulatory requirements. You will lead compliance management reviews and deliver process performance metrics.
• Manage the continuous deployment of Global Trade Compliance (GTC) standards across companies and functional areas
• Provide feedback on standards, training modules and compliance assessment questionnaires to Worldwide Trade Compliance team
• Monitor and report progress updates for standards, training and compliance assessments by company
• Utilize GTC assessment tools to identify compliance improvement opportunities
• Develop and Assist with implementation of remediation plans and local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Monitor progress made to remediation plan by utilizing a CAPA model
• Develop and implement internal processes and procedures improvements by analyzing current processes to determine areas of opportunity
• Research industry best practices and import and export regulations
• Develop program controls that are sustainable
• Standardize processes across companies, when appropriate, and leverage compliance improvement plans across J&J companies
• Create new processes and procedures for new regulations
• Manage and maintain internal control methodology for USHTS classification, country of origin, and valuation
• Identify opportunities for Preferential Trade Agreements between countries to reduce supply chain costs and implement programs which meet the legal requirements of the governing regulations
• Create and deliver International Trade Compliance Training
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience required
• International Logistics and Trade Compliance experience required
• Experience writing documented procedures required
• Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist is desired
• Requires strong business acumen and understanding of the end to end supply chain
• Strong collaboration skills, with ability to influence across all levels of the organization
• Global Trade Management systems knowledge preferred
• Project management experience or certification preferred
• Lean, Six Sigma Process Excellence training and/or certification preferred
• Experience working in a highly matrixed, global organization is helpful
• Ability to work in dynamic environment with multiple priorities
• Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to embrace learning regulatory requirements
• Located in Skillman, NJ; considerations may be made for San Diego, CA, or other J&J US locations
• Requires up to 10% domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-199 Grandview Road
North America-United States, North America-United States-California-San Diego
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)