Comcast Mgr 2, Software Dev & Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning, designing, testing and deployment of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to implementation, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Looking for a manager to assist with the transition to a more flexible organization where project specific teams may be formed on an ad-hoc basis. The position would include direct responsibility for employees and projects, however project team may span teams/organizations. Candidates should have strong experience running a DevOps team and would be expected to help grow and sustain an internal DevOps culture encompassing end to end responsibility for development, deployment, production support, monitoring, and automation of their applications
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to the DEVOPS team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Responsible for Hiring good engineering talent.
- Responsible for employee performance management and annual reviews.
- Technical background on Java, Oracle, HBASE, and cloud native applications will be a plus.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer