Kiewit Corporation Roadway Designer 3 - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 108759
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Civil Roadway Designer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design deliverables including, plan and profile sheet creation, detail development, sheet annotation and incorporation of redlines in the design deliverables
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Gain a high level of proficiency in Bentley MicroStation / AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software.
• Learn about and keep up to date on industry and project standards
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Assist CAD Manger in implementation of DOT workspace configurations, conform with DOT CAD standards
• Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials
• Participate in-house trainings and applicable online trainings
• Associates Degree preferred
• 4+ years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
• Design experience on Design-Build projects preferred
• Knowledge of engineering principles for highway design
• Ability to read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to perform surface modeling
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.