Kratos Technology & Training Solutions System Engineer-Software in Englewood, Colorado
Kratos RT Logic, is a leading supplier of real-time signal processing and assured RF and digital communication systems for US Government and commercial aerospace applications (e.g., satellite, UAV, aircraft, missile, launch vehicles, etc). Our innovative products and solutions are used to test, launch, operate, maintain, and assure availability for numerous aerospace missions. Our teams develop innovative technologies for critical applications in the environment and culture of a small company. We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team in Englewood, Colorado.
General Job Summary:
This successful candidate will work with a team to design and develop the next generation of satellite ground communications products in RT Logics network transport and recording business area. It provides an opportunity to grow while both learning from senior architects, and mentoring entry-level developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C++, object oriented design, and modern software development techniques.
- Design, develop, integrate, and test real-time software to support various RT Logic products and projects.
- Use C++ and object oriented design techniques to develop real-time solutions for various Linux based platforms.
- Drive a culture of high-quality software by continuously honing the craft of software development while following industry best practices such as code review, unit testing, and automated system-level regression testing.
- Collaborate with product architect to design software solutions and guide the activity of entry-level developers.
- Work directly with customers and RT Logic engineers to perform requirements design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with product architectures.
- Work with Product Manager to brainstorm new features and scope new efforts as needed.
Experience and Skills:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in a software development
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and software engineering principles and practices
- Experience developing multi-threaded C++ in a Linux environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Experience with Boost
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with best systems engineering practices
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com . EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL:18-022
Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: November 29, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP