Colorado State University Business Analyst/Application Administrator in Fort Collins, Colorado
Working Title Business Analyst/Application Administrator
Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 202000858AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Prof/Indiv Contrib I
Number of Vacancies 3
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range $55,000-$68,000
Desired Start Date 12/28/2020
Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/01/2020
Description of Work Unit
CSU Online, Division of Continuing Education, is a self-supporting unit that develops and delivers quality programs and educational opportunities in support of the University’s land grant mission. CSU Online provides affordable access to a quality education from wherever students call home around the nation and the world, on a schedule that fits their lives. CSU Online offers more than 40 degrees, online and at a distance, as well as credit and noncredit courses, certificate programs, and digital badges.
CSU Online, under the Division of Continuing Education (DCE), seeks an Application Administrator/Business Analyst. This position plays a key role in planning application product roadmaps, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting as they pertain to the business units that use them in addition to the identification, documentation and improvement of workflows. The right candidate will contribute to a dynamic environment and work closely with other members of the Information Technology Team as well as key members of other business units within CSU Online. The successful candidate will apply their expertise in application administration and business analysis to support, both directly and indirectly, staff, faculty and students to advance the Division’s business operations and strategies as part of delivering quality education at a distance. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, the successful candidate is expected to advance the CSU commitment to diversity and inclusion. The Application Administrator/Business Analyst position reports to the IT Manager for CSU Online, within the Office of Engagement at Colorado State University. This position will work collaboratively within CSU Online to improve business processes and carry out operational support of applications. This position is located on-site in Fort Collins, Colorado. CSU Benefits of note:
• Employee Study Privilege Program –up to 9 credits per benefit year are available for eligible employees.http://hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/study-privilege.html • Defined Contribution Plan –12% matching contributions for eligible employees http://hrs.colostate.edu/benefits/mandatory-retirement-plans.html • Tuition Scholarship Program – a scholarship for 50% of resident, base tuition is available to eligible family members of eligible employees who are admitted to CSU, degree-seeking and taking regular on-campus credits. The amount paid may vary depending on degree program.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Systems or other similar or relevant degree. • In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree with current certification in one or more of the following may be considered: • Freshservice •Salesforce •IIBA •PMI •IREB •IQBBA •ITIL • Minimum of the (3) years of experience as either an Application Administrator or Business Analyst (Combined experience in both roles will be considered.) • Experience in quickly learning, understanding and administering new applications and technologies through a combination of self-learning, and guided training. • Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong drive to seek resolution to issues • Experience in data maintenance showing exceptional attention to detail • Experience in working independently as well as with a team on multiple projects • Experience working in current Windows Desktop and Server OS environments • Experience in creation of training documentation for end user consumption • The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date; Continuing Education/CSU Online will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Knowledge of any of the following software solutions: o DestinyOne o Jira o Teamwork • Experience in higher education environments
Personal or professional commitment to diversity and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes.
Job Duty Category Application Administrator
• Keep up to date on the newest feature functionality of CSU Online applications • Collaborate with team to design improvements to user interface (UI), reporting and business processes • Own the relevant business applications including, managing licenses, tracking renewals, security access, application support and troubleshooting user issues within those applications • Responsible for ensuring data accuracy and integrity through creation of automated business processes • Fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests and identify opportunities for improved reporting
Percentage Of Time 70%
Job Duty Category Business Analyst
• Provide recommendations for process improvement associated with assigned CSUO applications. • Identify and analyze processes and recommend changes designed to improve efficiency, data accuracy and application scalability • Modify and scale existing processes to support more users and new business requirements • Develop and implement operational efficiencies that increase output and contribute to the company’s bottom line
Percentage Of Time 30%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position and a current resume. Reference checks will be conducted through an online system called SkillSurvey. If you advance to the reference check stage, you will be asked to provide contact information for five references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Erin Thompson, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity (https://oeo.colostate.edu/) is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 0
Maximum Requested 0
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Information Systems or other similar or relevant degree?
In lieu of a bachelor's degree, an Associate degree with a current certification in one or more of the following may be considered:
Freshservice, Salesforce, IIBA, PMI, IREB, IQBBA, ITIL?
Do you have a minimum of the (3) three years of experience as either an Application Administrator or Business Analyst (combined experience in both roles will be considered)?