Cigna Data & Analytics - Provider Software Engineer Manager in Greenwood Village, Colorado
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
In this role, you will actively partner with Global Data and Analytics delivery leadership, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, as well as, your development team on initiatives that support Cigna's strategic goals centered on healthcare providers and quality of care for our value-based reimbursement programs. As a Software Engineering leader, you will help develop an integrated architectural strategy to support next-generation reporting and analytical capabilities on an enterprise-wide scale. You will work in an agile environment, delivering user-oriented products which will be available both internally and externally for consumption by healthcare providers.
Lead a high performing team:
· Hire and retain strong software engineering talent
· Develop existing talent into full stack engineers
· Inspire engineering teams to take risks and manage them
· Drive a culture of continuous improvement and accountability
Understanding business products and defining high-level needs:
· Partner with the business on driving strategy from a product roadmap perspective, provide technical leadership
· Provide your team with insight into the product roadmap and articulate technical direction and considerations
· Encourage your team to start with the end in mind
· Obsess with optimizing the product to achieve business goals while maximizing return on investment and business value
Data and analytical capabilities and architecture:
· Developing rock-solid, scalable systems that will still hold up 5, 10 or 20 years from now
· Drive opportunities to revolutionize workflow with embedded analytics, machine learning, and AI
· Enforce modern delivery practices such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test driven development
· LOVES data, analytics, and building self-service tools using the latest technologies
· Solid managerial and/or mentorship experience
· Boundless intellectual curiosity to continually learn and explore how to do things better, faster and cheaper
· A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards
· A “roll-up your sleeves and get the job done” mentality
· Enjoys speaking with customers to understand how we can best meet their needs
· Team player and motivator
· Technical and marketing skills to be able to craft and execute your own programs
· Strong product management skills and ability to inspire software engineering teams
· Solid experience in software development and management
· Knowledge and experience with agile development process a must
· Prior experience with application or solution architecture is required
· Data mining, data profiling, and SQL experience
· Skilled and experienced in an object-oriented language
· DevOps and CICD technologies experience
· Familiarity with AWS, cloud native application development or cloud data storage and access
· Prior entrepreneurial or startup experience is desirable
· Demonstrated experience with thorough problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
We’re a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We offer an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products that serve over 95 million customers around the world. When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a different kind of career - you’ll make a difference, learn a ton, and change the way people think about health insurance. To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Twitter or Instagram.