Benson Industries, Inc. Software Product Owner in Greenwood Village, Colorado
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
The Software Product Owner works closely with product stakeholders, Quality Analysts, and the Development Team to define the project requirements and to ensure a quality release of the product. This position is also responsible for guiding the scrum team towards completion of the project. In addition this position supports our Commercial Business.
*Essential Functions: *
- Product ownership for various software applications, automated tests, installers and tools
- Works with the Division and the PM to write requirements for product features
- Works with the scrum master to generate estimates for product features, and work items
- Specifies requirements for current and future installs by conducting stakeholder research supported by on-going visits to customers by internal and external
- Manages the entire product life cycle from ideation and strategic planning to release
- Directs the requirements team and collaborating with development to ensure that solutions are efficient, consistent and fulfill business needs
- Helps the Division Advocate (PM) define the product strategy and roadmap
- Engages developers and QA in design and design review to ensure complex feature objectives are met
- Provides requirements reviews to ensure that developers and QA fully understand targeted features and functionality
- Actively engages with product team to ensure the project is thinking ahead
Occasional travel required to meet with customers and various team members Required Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, trigonometry, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience:Experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager and/or Product Owner working in an agile/scrum environment. Mentor other Software Engineers.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: P16083
Job Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular