Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Information Security Architect (665481) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Information Security Architect (Enterprise Solutions Architect, II)
The Information Security Architect plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture and practices. The Information Security Architect & Engineer will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services. This role reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team for design and review of enterprise technology projects to ensure adherence to security policies, standards, and best practices
- Actively participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure that they're adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
- Validate information technology infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make recommendations to the broader security team for their use, based on security, financial and operational metrics
- Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Design and implement security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Build solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Provide expertise and understanding on all aspects of Aerospace & Defense sector information security architecture
- Serve as an escalation point for cyber security incidents.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Expertise in security architecture and engineering concepts, components and technologies (e.g., cyber resiliency, critical data protection, defensible architecture, identity-based design).
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects.
- Strong understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience designing and building secure solutions on cloud platforms.
- General understanding of industry standards, compliance, and legal guidelines including NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, SOX, CIS Top 20 Critical Controls, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives in multiple departments.
- The ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background.
- CISSP or comparable information security certification required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Information Security Architect (665481)
Job ID: 665481
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time