Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Sr. IT Manager – Desktop and Network Infrastructure (663741) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Sr. IT Manager – Desktop and Network Infrastructure
The Senior Manager of Desktop and Network Infrastructure will report to Director of Infrastructure Operations. In this role, he/she will be part of the Infrastructure Operations Management team and will collaborate accordingly to strengthen the stability posture of infrastructure operations within the assigned areas (Desktop Infrastructure, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Unix/Linux Engineering Infrastructure, and Network Infrastructure) and help IT Service Delivery as a whole achieve Operational Excellence. This role requires a strong focus on solutions delivery and operational performance that leverages a data driven approach that enables proactive problem solving and ensures meeting service level agreements.
What You’ll Do
- Provide strong leadership, technical guidance/direction and overall management of assigned teams. Responsible for ensuring those teams follow stated strategy and objectives to achieve Operational Excellence goals.
- Create and implement a strategy and point solutions, in alignment with business requirements, ITS strategy, and top-level organizational goals, for Desktop Infrastructure, VDI, Unix/Linux Engineering Infrastructure, and the Network Infrastructure.
- Deliver Desktop and Network solutions that drive end-user productivity, mobility, efficiency, performance, security, and satisfaction.
- Develop and document the process and procedures for consistent and effective infrastructure management, methodologies and standards. Responsible for holding teams accountable to stated process and procedures.
- Establish, define, and communicate effective roles and responsibilities and associated performance expectations for assigned teams in accordance with Operational Excellence goals and objectives.
- Prioritize and communicate ongoing activities and projects to support Operational Excellence goals.
- Position staff for success, provide coaching and career development.
- Interface with other ITS teams and management to ensure compliance with strategies, standards, and security requirements.
- Establish constructive interfaces with other IT teams to support broader mission and project success.
- Serve as enterprise focal point and escalation manager for incidents related to assigned teams and areas of responsibility.
- Participate as a management team member to champion Operational Excellence goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and ensure they consistent and repeatable.
- Maintains strong relationships with providers/vendors to maximum service.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Desktop Infrastructure (PCs, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, VMware, Application Delivery technologies, Windows and Linux OS, Engineering Workstations) including current technologies, architecture, design, best practices and implementation strategies that translates into Operational Excellence.
- Significant experience managing a large enterprise desktop infrastructure and/or network infrastructure.
- Significant experience leading the design, deployment and adoption of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in a large enterprise environment.
- Significant experience delivering applications using virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Network Infrastructure (multi-media of data, voice, video preferred) including architecture, design, and implementation that translates into Operational Excellence (including both WAN and LAN).
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Unix/Linux Engineering Workstations, High Performance Compute Clusters or related technologies and solutions.
- Strong foundation in establishing and managing to an Operational Excellence level of rigor and discipline.
- Strong leadership and management skills to set direction, process, and enforce accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (professionalism, communication, collaboration, and teamwork) and the ability to achieve desired outcomes in a positive and constructive manner.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills that results in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams through a maturity process as part of continuous improvement.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Sr. IT Manager – Desktop and Network Infrastructure (663741)
Job ID: 663741
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time