Lockheed Martin Classified Cybersecurity Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This position requires an active DoD Top Secret clearance.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
LMS Cyber Security is looking for an assertive and self-confident Cyber Security professional to partner with the security team, program and government customers to perform as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) located at the LM Waterton facility in Littleton, CO.
The ISSO/ISSE will oversee day-to-day information system security operations including hardware and software implementations for a large-scale program encompassing multiple sites across the Enterprise. Under general direction, you will carry out technical administration and implementation of IS in accordance with internal LM and customer security requirements, primarily the Risk Management Framework (RMF). You must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team, and be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands. This position will fulfill initial functions as the ISSE assigned to the program and will transition to additional ISSO duties as the program and information systems are stood up across the Enterprise.
- Documents compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develops a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe
- Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Ensures records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle
- Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system, and advises the ISSM of their security relevance
- Assist and conduct security IS education
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments
- Informs ISSM on technical IS security matters
- Assists in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Program Managers
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Communicates, implements and manages a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program together with ISSM and FSO
- Review and oversee RMF Package authorizations together with ISSM and FSO
- Work with Government customers, Program Management, and Cyber Security personnel to ensure the system plans meet contractual requirements and Government regulations
Candidate will typically have 9+ years of experience.
• DoD Top Secret clearance
• IS auditing experience
• Knowledgeable of operating system security requirements
• Hands on experience with industry standard Information Assurance tools
• Experience providing Information System Security Engineering (ISSE) support for classified programs
• Have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
• Demonstrated technical experience for Windows, Networking, and UNIX-based operating systems
• In depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
• Knowledgeable in Solaris/UNIX/Linux command line
• Previous experience working with ICD and NISPOM requirements and RMF implementation
• Experience implementing complex technologies at multiple classification levels within large environments and at an Enterprise level
• Have and maintain a DoD 8570 IAM Level II certification
• Have a Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline and 14 years of relevant work experience or a Masters Degree and 12 years of relevant work experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.