Lockheed Martin Data Modernization Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This position is for a Data Modernization Manager within the Lockheed Martin Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO), reporting to Enterprise Analytics Senior Manager and matrixed to Space Information Technology Director.
The successful candidate will lead the Data Strategy and Management modernization effort operating at the intersection of systems architecture, business process architecture, and information architecture to ensure the implementation of LM data strategy aligns to and enables the LM business strategy.
- Contribution to CDAO strategies and tactical implementation of those strategy components and coordination across all business functions at Space, and with peers across business areas.
- Work in partnership with Space and Enterprise Data architects for the Digital Transformation Program (DTP) Data Strategy Value Stream, working in concert with the DTP Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) organization and the business area CDAO teams.
- Drive enterprise-level data architecture standards to support business process transformations in areas such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), and Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS).
- Define and develop Space data domains, enable data domain stewards, and consult across the enterprise on federated data architecture solutions. Support data strategy activities such as data governance, data sharing/rights, data quality, data exchange, and guide the tactical implementation of those strategies.
- Apply systems engineering and systems architecture disciplines to data strategy implementation and data integration with operations
- Management of staff (development, performance management, merit, promotions, etc.), budgets (Project Investment, Sustainment, EBS Overhead, Travel, Training, and Awards) and the agile transformation of data
- Manage the data request process, track requests submitted, prioritize, review and approval
- Responsible for the overall collection of data metrics, including data maturity metrics from our data catalog
- Cost, Schedule and Technical planning for the CDAO organization. Management of software and hardware capital requests and IRAD funding when appropriate
Work location: Denver facility or virtual
Travel requirement up to 25%.
- Experience working with business communities to develop and deploy analytics solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Business Intelligence (BI) /Analytics / Data Management initiatives
- Proven experience with data, information and systems architecture
- Proven experience with business process architecture and process transformation
- Experience leading a distributed technical team to implement and operationalize a strategic goal
- Experience harmonizing systems, processes, and/or data across business areas and functions
- Demonstrated management skills including building and communicating technical and functional roadmaps, budget management and scheduling.
- Staff management (performance management, merit, promotions, hiring, training skill development, etc.) experience.
- Experience leading a diverse team with multiple components across geographic locations.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate effectively across both Information Technology and Business Functional organizations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.