Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineer - Staff - Clearance Required in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems is looking for Cybersecurity professionals to work on Cross-Domain Solution (CDS) products that protect and defend the information flow of critical and time sensitive data on many military application and networks.
As part of the Spectrum Convergence Team, the candidate will be challenged to architect and implement the customer’s CDS requirements while ensuring cyber security standards are met and adhered to. The candidate will be working on the following Operating Systems (OS): Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) specifically Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8 and RHEL 8 or in support of the legacy baseline Solaris 10/11 W/Trusted Extensions. The candidate should be a well-rounded software developer but with demonstrable skills in an object-oriented language as well as Python and other scripting languages. The candidate should be a self-starter that is attentive to details and works well in a team environment.
Duties to include message parser filter development, XML schema analysis, python development, shell scripting development, network troubleshooting, system administration, information security, implementing site requirements, and customer interface skills. Networking, system administration, information security, and customer interface skills are required. This position does require extensive travel up to 50% of time throughout the year. Trips can consist of anywhere from 1-3 weeks at a time in duration. Position will also include some development team leadership including collecting and reporting development metrics to program management, cross team communication and software engineering mentoring and guidance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Cyber Security certification required to obtain within 6 months of starting.
-Proficient working with a RHEL SELinux operating system or Linux environment
- Proficiency with one or more of the following scripting languages:
Python, Bash, Perl
- Networking knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to external partners and customers, with excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity
- Extensive travel (CONUS and OCONUS) up to 50% of time throughout the year. Trips can consist of 1-3 weeks at a time in duration.
- Current/Active Secret DoD Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance (but not required to start)
- Advanced networking experience
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead a team of Software Engineers
- Experience with the following: PKI Certificates, XML, XSLT, JMS, Various communication protocols (SSH, TLS, TCP, UDP, etc.), Cross Domain Solution (CDS)
- Advanced RHEL 6+/Solaris 10/11 experience
- DoD Cybersecurity certification (CASP+ or CISSP)
- Linux certification (Linux+ or RHCSA)
- Agile S/W Development and supporting tools for continuous integration
- Current/Active Top Secret DoD Clearance
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.