Lockheed Martin IT Infrastructure Full Stack Engineer Asc in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Emacs or Vim? Tabs or spaces? Bash or Zsh? If you have an opinion on these, then keep on reading!
This Full Stack Engineering role is to help the Space Model Based Engineering (MBE) team build and maintain industry leading solutions in support of how we design and create our revolutionary products. The ideal FSE for this position has a background in IT Infrastructure but also understands that software is the future of hardware. This FSE must be familiar with developing, building, and maintaining compute, storage, network, and cloud platforms, leveraging agile development best practices and working in a DevOps environment, where automation is not only desired but necessary. This FSE will be responsible for engineering sustainable solutions and work as part of a development team in an exciting environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Successful development, testing, deployment and maintenance of IT infrastructure platforms and applications, incorporating agile and DevOps methodologies and concepts
- Automate infrastructure environment deployments using tools such as Ansible and Gitlab
- Periodic travel to Lockheed Martin sites may be required, as well as the ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Experience working with infrastructure environments (compute, storage, network, database) with traditional or cloud-based tools
- Ability to learn technical skills quickly in a collaborative team enviornment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor
- Ability to manage priorities and requirements
- Ability to establish strong team relationships and deliver exceptional customer service
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Experience with container development and orchestration with Kubernetes or K8s distribution such as Red Hat OpenShift or Rancher
- Experience with managing compute environments (VMware, Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), OpenStack )
- Experience with managing/developing cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, RDS, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQL Server)
- Experience with storage systems (e.g. S3/EBS, NetApp, Ceph, SwiftStack)
- Willingness to operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment using tools such as Slack and Confluence
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.