Lockheed Martin Master Program Planner Associate Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an experienced senior level Master Planner to lead our Military Space programs. In this role, you will partner with Program Management drive all phases of program planning from inception through completion to architect, develop, and manage the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule to meet program strategic objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead program start-up activities for new contracts and upcoming proposals
• Work with the technical community, operational community, and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Develop a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program
• Validate cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management
• Manage vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artifacts compliant with LM's command media. Drive efficiency and commonality within Military Space
• Interface with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline
• Perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification, and schedule risk assessments to ensure program capability to meet commitments
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Utilize performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance
• Provide direction to other program planners
• Coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary and recognition/disciplinary actions
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Previous aerospace/defense/government contractor planning/scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVMS
• Strong Earned Value Management knowledge within aerospace industry
• Expert in planning and scheduling network/database tools such as Microsoft Project Server, Primavera, or comparable planning tool
• Expert in Program Planning processes such as critical path analyses, schedule risk analyses, and/or work-around planning
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have at minimum an active Top Secret government security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with poly
• 10 years or more of professional experience
• Strong preference for an active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with @Risk, Milestones Professional, OnePager Pro
• Previous experience working high dollar value competitive proposals from a contractor’s perspective
• Experience with compliance requirements and surveillance
• Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplines
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Join us, let’s do Space.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.