Lockheed Martin Program Protection Senior Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most inventive and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.
Program Protection is the integrating process for managing risks to advanced technology and mission-critical system functionality from foreign collection, design vulnerability or supply chain exploit/insertion, and battlefield loss throughout the program/mission lifecycle. As part of the Lockheed Martin Military (MilSpace) Line of Business, the Space Protection Programs (P2) Team will work side-by-side with the mission/program leads and customers as they team up to analyze how an insider threat or accomplished hacker could access data (the digital footprint of information), and how data could be inadvertently exposed (physical footprint) by personnel who do not possess the appropriate accesses. The P2 team will assists our customers in planning for the protection of their respective systems, data, capabilities and assets, as well as personnel, that are essential to the successful achievement of all Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) related mission and responsibilities.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for an ambitious Systems Engineer to become a member of the SPP P2 Team.
As a Program Protection Senior Systems Engineer , you will:
• Work with Program Managers, Program Security, Engineering Staff and Customer/Government Representatives, to lead systematic breakdown of programs and provide technical and programmatic operation knowledge to identify risk from inadvertent disclosure or Operation Security (OPSEC) assemblage.
• Develop, implement and manage a Program Protection and Risk Management approach that will be used throughout the life of the program
• Lead risk assessment and risk management as a structured process that evaluates the risks of critical information loss or compromise, based on an analysis of threats to, and vulnerabilities of the program(s) and considers the availability, efficiency, and cost of countermeasures, as an underlying basis for making appropriate OPSEC decisions
• Develop and Maintain an effective P2 education plan for the SPP portfolio and works closely with the customer(s) to ensure the most up-to-date information and products are incorporated into the overall Program Protection process to ensure proper OPSEC awareness and the protection of Critical Program Information
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
• Broad knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions
• Knowledge and application of program execution processes and functions, such as:
- business operations
- charge number structures
- financial reporting
- contracts / subcontracts
- configuration management
- SAP and procurement systems
• Demonstrated teamwork, communications and inter-personal skills.
• Active TS/SCI, with Polygraph
• Prior experience leading a full lifecycle P2/OPSEC team approach for classified programs across multiple customer government agencies.
• Ability to identify risk and create program protection constructs to prevent inadvertent program disclosures.
• Experience authoring, implementing or maintaining Program Protection Implementation Plans
• Ability to resolve dynamic needs of programs as P2 / Security issues arise
• Experience providing cross-program insight into potential Critical Program Indicators (CPIs) compromises across the multiple programs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.