Lockheed Martin Senior Manager, Security in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Senior Security Manager will support the Central Region within the Space Security Business. As the Senior Manager for the region, the selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects associated with DoD Security at the Waterton, Co facility and the Lockheed Martin Coherent Technologies facility in Louisville, Co. In addition to DoD Security, the selected candidate will have oversight of all Special Access Programs at the above location and provide security leadership for numerous Denver-based programs. Primary oversight for all active, close-out, and dormant programs. The candidate must have extensive background managing special access programs. Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Must be able to effectively communicate with executive-level leadership. An extensive understanding of DoD security methodologies, policies and procedures is required. Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ability to articulate and present intelligent, decisive and risk-managed security recommendations, based on limited and or conflicting information, is also essential, as has the ability to thrive and build relationships both within the corporation and externally with our government customers and industry partners. Must have Top Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 6 years. Prior SCI experience. Additionally the selected candidate must:
- Establish a collaborative culture with the following disciplines: Classified Cyber Security, International Security, Investigations and Counterintelligence, and administering processes to ensure proper safeguarding of all classified material, and other materials entrusted to Space by customers, suppliers or U.S. government agencies.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, talent management, salary and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Serves as a direct report into the Space Director with responsibilities across; Strategic Missile Defense (SMD), MilSpace, and Commercial/Civil Programs.
This role will also support the Space Security & Emergency Services (S&ES) Director on a wide array of integration activities and other special initiatives.
Desired Skills: - Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of being a consummate team player with a demonstrated history of delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Ability to reach consensus among competing ideas and backgrounds and to find common ground to move initiatives forward in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to keep senior leadership informed of all Security related activities within the organization as well as the ability to work with stakeholders to capture and execute duties related to their support.
- Build effective teams and internal and external customer relationships through open and effective communications.
- Ability to properly coordinate and execute senior executive Staff Packages at an enterprise or corporate level.
-Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- Minimum of 10 years experience (with 5 of those years being in a leadership role) working and leading Program Security/Collateral teams within SAP or Collateral Programs.
- Experience in National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Experience implementing innovative and cost-effective security solutions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.