Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Architect in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit, so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
As the new Senior Systems Architect , you will:
• Meet with and understand the business and engineering customers/partners and their subject areas
• Capture and understand their current-state architectures (processes/systems/data/roles)
• Capture, infer and understand their needs/requests /requirements/desirements
• Work directly with customers/partners and IT to collaboratively:
• Define the solution space and lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains – technical (IT and non-IT) and non-technical
• Engineer/develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable
• Decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes/systems/data/roles
• Non-technical (e.g., business functions)
• Technical non-IT (e.g., scientific, engineering, manufacturing, etc., functions)
• Technical IT (applications, infrastructure)
• Work with IT to allocate functions to IT components/systems; and develop those allocations into requirements for the architects, designers and managers that will build, operate and maintain those IT component systems
To be successful, you will typically have 14+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor's degree.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• 3+ years working as an IT Architect
• Professional experience across multiple IT technical fields such as: applications, infrastructure (computer, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Solid understanding of security principles in general and how to map/trace them to IT systems, components and functions
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/subject areas in DoD/Aerospace industry.
• Active DoD SECRET clearance
• 5+ years working as an IT Architect
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, textual, and graphical) as demonstrated through briefings to technical and/or non-technical partners up through Senior Leadership.
• Deep understanding of business and engineering activities/subject areas in DoD/Aerospace industry, including some experience working classified projects
• Basic understanding and experience modeling systems in SysML, using No Magic Cameo or similar tool
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or Senior Leadership
• Experience architecting systems in an Agile environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.