Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer - Software-Hardware Integration and Test in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation’s space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the people working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining. As a Space Element testbed and simulation engineer for Space Protection Programs, you will directly help establish the technical solution for one of our country's most vital and complex Space Systems.
You will work closely with a team of top technical talent from across the program to provide the best, integrated solution that meets overall performance, cost and schedule needs. This smallsat SPP program is built around a fast-paced, build-test-learn culture, with one of the most audacious set of mission objectives within LM-Space.
In this role you typically will:
• Develop and integrate Simulations and Models to accurately predict the behavior of the system
• Integrate lower level (e.g. subsystem) models into the system model to enable a comprehensive and integrated perspective of system performance
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of system performance and trades
• Lead the development of testbeds, automated test scripts, procedures, telemetry displays, limit files, Test Information Sheets, and other documentation used to conduct Space Vehicle (SV) and Subsystem level testing
• Be responsible for integrating a complex set of processor in the loop (PIL), hardware in the loop (HWIL) and FlatSat environments spanning a diverse set of hardware (avionics, sensor engineering development units, payloads) and software domains (GNC, mission-specific algorithms, hardware peripherals)
• Building demonstrations that shows evolving hardware and software maturity for the customer
• Develop and manage a system-level continuous integration (CI) release stream that’s compatible with the various development and verification environments
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience developing and utilizing integrated testbed environments includive of sensor and effector models running closed loop with flight software
• Familiarity with C/C++ and MATLAB or Simulink programming environments
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, GNC, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Strong team collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Active Top Secret or SCI Security Clearance
• Proficiency in the following engineering tools: Simulink RealTime, Python
• Space or Missile system development and test experience across both hardware and software domains
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment, within a Agile development environment
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.