Lockheed Martin Signal/Image Processing Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Space Protection Programs NEXT department is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic software engineer with a passion for robotics and computer vision to help develop low-TRL R&D systems and push them to the next level. Duties will be focused on the development of robotics vision algorithms, software architecture, and computer vision software for embedded software applications.
Candidate will lead a small team in the development and testing of computer vision software within simulation environments, to include a physical 12-dof lab. Candidate will also lead the development of virtual testing using simulated imagery. Candidate will lead a small team that develops software algorithms that execute on embedded Power Architectures in a fast-paced environment that employs Agile methodologies.
Candidate should be familiar with the computer vision, embedded software architectures, and C++ development. The tools used for development include MATLAB, Wind River WorkBench IDE, C++, and Wind River VxWorks 6.x RTOS.
• Experience with computer vision and autonomous robotics
• 5 Years experience in algorithm science, research, and development
• 10 Years experience developing and implementing (or leading teams that are developing and implementing) in C++, Python, Matlab, or related
• 3 Years technical leadership experience
• Experience with the VxWorks Real-Time Operating Systems
• Experience with real-time programming constructs
• Experience with image compression techniques and standards
• Experience with Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithms
• Understanding of geometric camera projection models, and camera re-sectioning
• Experience with image rendering and scene modeling
• Understanding of radiometric model for cameras and other sensors
• Experience optimizing algorithms on the embedded platforms including FPGAs, and embedded CPUs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.