Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Sr in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Software Engineer Staff will functionally report to a SES Mission Operations Manager. The engineer will provide software engineerieng technical support to the Juno mission:
- provide daily monitoring of downlinked spacecraft data for flight software trending and analysis per the Flight Software Operations Procedures; reviewing the data
for anomalies, trend patterns, or observable performance issues,
- provide software analysis, through code inspections, on software anomalies or performance or operational questions,
- provide on-console operations support for real-time spacecraft activities, such as maneuvers and spacecraft state changes, and software configuration
updates, and on-call support as needed,
- provide technical data review for the software subsystem and signoff of procedures and results for STL tests and uplink products,
- maintain and modify as needed the Flight Software Operations tools for trending and analysis. Provide daily checks of tool operation and performance,
- participate as a team member in spacecraft team activities,
- participate in patch development and uplink products and activities per the Flight Software Patch Procedure,
- provide subsystem status for team and customer meetings.
Desired Skills: 1. Experience with DOORS, TRACE, VxWorks OS, SES SDE, Reflective Memory, 1553 bus, and SoftSim
2. Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems and interfaces
3. At least 3 years overall software experience in SES planetary space missions, such as Juno, GRAIL, GOES-R, MAVEN, InSight, OSIRIS, or SES Mission Operations.
4. Indicated desire to develop leadership skills or documented on development plan
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal interface with customers
6. Demonstrated adherence to high ethical standards and conduct
7. Consistent record of acceptable or above performance for last 3 years
1. Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
2. Demonstrated experience developing C/C++ software in a Unix environment for a real-time, hardware-in-the-loop, simulation system, with appropriate software process oversight. Ability to read and decipher code to work software anomalies.
3. Demonstrated experience with software testing with SoftSim and Spacecraft Test Lab hardware.
4. Demonstrated excellent reasoning, judgment, and professional behavior
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.