Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space
Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
The software engineer will develop software to automate test and measurement processes of RF avionics assemblies for multiple Space programs. These duties incorporate all phases of the software development life cycle -- requirements definition, design, code, test, and maintenance. The selected candidate will join a team of software and hardware engineers who deliver special RF test equipment to stakeholders such as electrical engineers, subject matter experts, and test technicians. This job requires the software engineer to be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
The Software Engineer position emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the lifecycle of payloads, subsystems, and RF avionics assemblies. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
• The ability to work independently with limited direction to complete assigned tasks.
• The ability to collaborate effectively with a team of developers.
• Familiarity with graphical programming languages like LabVIEW, and text-based languages like C#, C++, C, Java, Python, or VB.
• Familiarity with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
• Experience with software IDEs such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, LabVIEW, LabWindows, etc.
• Experience with software tools to perform version control (git, svn), peer reviews (code collaborator), code comparison (beyond compare), and bug/issue reporting (Jira).
• Experience using test and measurement equipment manually or with automated test software.
• Experience communicating with OEM test equipment through VISA using SCPI commands, over the following interfaces: USB, TCP/IP, Serial (RS-232), GPIB, PXIe.
• Experience in performing RF measurements with OEM test and measurement equipment such as signal generators, network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.
• Experience in writing software or firmware for devices like microcontrollers, FPGAs, etc.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.