Lockheed Martin Sr Data Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Data and Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) is a new department under Space’s Business Innovation, Transformation and Enterprise Excellence (BITEE) organization responsible for innovation across the Space enterprise.
We are establishing a new Data Governance and Management platform and need a motivated engineer to help us discover, collect, transform and analyze datasets across Space. This full-time position will involve:
• Understanding of systems engineering principles to design and implement solutions that span the data lifecycle: collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed
• Execute tasks defined by the bi-weekly Space Data Governance Board. The candidate will have the opportunity to interface with data stewards and subject matter experts across the entire Space functional and program organizations
• Searching for and collecting information on various data topics
• Performing data analysis and metrics
• Working with local, distributed and cloud-based technologies
• Develop data virtualization and smart caching solutions
• Design and implement the data security required to protect and access the data
• Building data pipelines that clean, transform and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources
• Creating conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, data extract/transform/load processes, reporting and analytics
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in data with an engaging, problemsolving mindset
• Proficiency with languages/tools such as SQL, Python, R, and/or Git
• The ability to develop or script tools that efficiently preprocess, modify, aggregate, load, index, and archive large data collections
• Database experience with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
• Experience with agile development practices
• Proficiency with visualization tools such as Tableau and Brainspace
• Experience with relational/structured database development/design or experience with non-relational/unstructured, graph or big data database development/design
• Experience with statistics and statistical modeling
• Experience with relational/structured database development/design
• Experience with non-relational/unstructured, graph or big data database development/design
• Experience with Cypher or non-structured data graph visualization techniques
• Experience with data virtualization
• Data Security, data access methods and authentication/authorization protocols
• Experience with IBM Cloud Pak for Data (CP4D) or other data governance / management tools
• Familiarity with data cybersecurity practices and requirements
• Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.