Lockheed Martin Strategic Planner Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin.
At the forefront of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our standout skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and work ethic to excel we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our Business Development organization is seeking a Strategic Planner Senior to execute growth efforts for RF and related adjacent domains within the Special Programs line-of-business (SPLOB).
In this dynamic role you will:
• Leverage current business and capabilities to enable growth in both core and adjacent markets.
• Support both the Adjacency and Core Market leads and have special focus on supporting new business activities and market research.
• Work shoulder to shoulder with the Advanced Programs Teams and functional organizations to develop discriminating offerings to our customers in applicable domains.
• Ensure pursuits are actively captured in appropriate data bases and seek out new business opportunities in SP related markets.
• Identify, prioritize and qualify pursuits through the LM Space new business process and support the overall RF new business portfolio to ensure diversification of risk and achievement of LRP growth goals specifically focused on tasks in support of major next generation capture support
• Initiate and grow the SP portfolio by coordinating with BD leads and Advanced Programs Teams to enable maturity of specific capture tasks to better position team for next generation missions.
• Support capture and proposal activities within the LOB, ensuring alignment with strategy, discriminating value propositions, competitive bid approach and high win rate.
• Communicate with and engage SPLOB and LM Space senior leadership for the purpose of engaging internal stakeholders, obtaining approvals and building advocacy for growth plans and pursuits.
• Collaborate closely with organizations across the SPLOB, LM Space and the broader Lockheed Martin Corporation to ensure coordination of new business activities and maximum leverage of LMC resources to grow the business.
Typically has a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of our many benefits available to you :
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Interested in learning more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package? Click here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Industry-applicable B.S. or B.A. degree required
• 3-5 plus years of experience in Aerospace and Defense BD execution and/or mission engagement roles
• Demonstrated ability to proactively drive change and exhibited leadership skills, to contribute to growing the SP portfolio
• Active TS/SCI clearance required prior to start.
• MBA or other advanced degree
• Specific experience in Intelligence Community markets and RF missions and capabilities.
• Ability to think strategically and execute to long-range objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic opportunities and issues that could affect growth and profitability.
• Knowledge of RF markets, Core and Near-Core customers, their missions, enabling technologies, core programs, key opportunities and adjacent growth markets.
• Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
• Very strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Collaborative leadership skills to motivate and effectively work with a cross-functional capture team.
• Demonstrated ability work within diverse teams in developing and delivering superior products with constrained schedules and resources
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.