Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer (entry level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Support the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program by joining the Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) team. The SEIT Requirements and Verification team manages all System level requirements for the Trident II ballistic missile (commonly known as the D5LE missile), oversees interface definitions, plans and executes verification processes, and has fingers in every development project under the FBM Program. We have a Weapon System level view of the FBM Program with activities related to integrating the D5LE missile into the submarine weapon system as well as supporting efforts to integrate missile subsystems into the flight vehicle design.
Key responsibilities for this Systems Engineer include requirements management using a DOORS database, traceability analysis, verification planning, analysis /test planning and execution and design compliance reporting.
Desired Skills: - Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Requirements, specification trees (traceability), and the IBM Rational DOORS tool
- Major design reviews (Systems Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), etc.)
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to support working in a collaborative environment across a large multidisciplinary/geographically-diverse team
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical) or closely related field
- Education or experience in Model Based Systems Engineering principles
- MS Office
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.