Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Director in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Navigation Systems Mission Area Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Director has responsibility for the overall system architecture and requirements, total mission systems integration, engineering baseline management, and special disciplines for the total Navigation Systems Mission Area including across contracts and Lines of Business as necessary. Directs the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, cost, and operational constraints. Manages the functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications as well as operations concepts. Responsible for System Testing and verification, configuration and data management, and Information Assurance. Responsible for Special Disciplines domains include Mass Properties, System (Cyber) Security, Reliability/Availability/Maintainability (RAM), Human Factors, Anomaly Detection and Resolution (ADR)/Fault Management, Survivability, Magnetics, and E3 (EMI/EMC/ESD). Oversee and coordinate with United States Air Force and other government agencies on activities to plan, evaluate, integrate and audit the evolving system, and deliver the systems through mission certification. Strategically drives the development of future architectures including resiliency, advanced concepts, future innovative Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) implementations, and hosted payload solutions required to sustain and grow profitable future business. This position requires strong stakeholder and customer engagement.
• Engaging with Navigation Systems Mission Area Segment leaders (e.g. Space, Ground, ATLO, Mission, Program Office, Mission Success) to meet Mission Area execution commitments.
• Coordination with other Military Space Mission Area SEIT Directorates (e.g. Advanced Program Development, Protected Communications, etc.) and with partnered Mission Solutions SEIT Directorates to assure commonality and alignment of architecture, methodologies, governance, operations approaches, and sustainment activities.
• PNT system architecture and analyses including executing key system level trades, developing Operations Concepts (Ops Cons), establishing driving requirements and physical architectures, managing interface controls, performing critical and complex system level analysis, leading design campaigns, and supporting the life-cycle of the mission to ensure delivered systems meet Stakeholder needs and constraints.
• Develop collaborative future PNT and Hosted Mission architectures and technologies that are resilient and adaptive to the customers evolving needs.
• Integration of LM domain ground system development, operation, upgrade and sustainment activities as part of end-to-end system.
• Integration of LM systems with non-LM domain ground systems to ensure total system compatibility and successful mission execution.
• Execute End-to-end Space-to-Ground/System-of-Systems testing and requirements verifications.
• Lead Mission Area Information Assurance and Cyber Security activities.
• Chair various technical review boards.
• Establish and maintain Configuration and Data Management (C&DM) policies, processes and tools which enable program alignment to LMS digital tapestry, product line implementation, and mission success.
• Ensure Government Property Management process execution
Desired Skills: • Chief System Engineering experience on a deliverable space system
• System engineering and integration management experience on National Space Security programs
• Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) systems experience
• US Air Force or Similar Customer experience
• Hosted Mission integration experience
• Demonstrated business acumen and Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
• Previous experience managing in a Fix Price Incentive Fee (FPIF) environment
• Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated strategic development and analysis skills
• 10+ years technical and leadership experience with demonstrated expertise in space systems integration
• Experience managing and delivering technical, cost and schedule requirements for a product or program
• Experience working across program and functional teams
• Experience conducting major system reviews (PDRs, CDRs, MRRs, TRRs)
• Experience in space vehicle and systems test, verification, and sell-off processes
• Experience supporting fielded space systems
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex technical issues/challenges
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors and proven experience leading a cross-functional team of employees
• Excellent communicator, with experience presenting to executive leadership and external customers
• Current Secret and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
• Ability to travel extensively
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.