Lockheed Martin AI Machine Learning Manager in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. This is 100% one of those jobs.
Are you ready to bring the battlefield of the future into reality? That’s what we’re doing. We’re infusing defense systems – like F35, SBIRS, Aegis – with advanced capabilities utilizing Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) techniques delivered through our AI Software Factory. We are on the bleeding edge of inserting AI into these systems and giving our warfighters the advantage!
This position will be working with the Engineering and Technology common product teams to develop foundational capabilities required to efficiently and effectively get AI/ML models into space. This position will provide a unique experience mix with research, prototype development, and software to hardware toolchain development all within the domain of AI/ML software and targeted hardware platforms.
As an AI Machine Learning Manager, you will:
• Be responsible for the overall leadership and project management of the AI Machine Learning team
• Lead the AI Machine Learning team, ensuring standard methodologies, enterprise product insertion and process evolution
• Provide direction to AI Machine Learning direct reports based on general policies and management guidance to ensure products are completed on schedule and within budget
• Focus on advising the organization to meet critical schedules, and resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems
• Work with peers, domain experts, developers, customers, and work across the enterprise seeking optimal solutions
• Use your experience within the AI/ML domain to drive the team forward on product creation
• Develop, integrate, and implement products to assist adding perception, motion/mission planning, controls, etc. functionality in LM products and platforms
• Provide support for proposals in program areas aligned with core team competencies
• Support career growth opportunities
for direct reports and interns working with the team
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Experience with software planning and execution throughout the requirements, development, design, build, test, and integration phases of a program
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and build effective relationships
• Successful candidate must demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership experience including a commitment to shape the future, build effective relationships, energize the team, deliver results, and model personal excellence, integrity, and accountability.
• Government proposal development execution for DoD customers
• The candidate must be eligible for a TS/SCI clearance.
• Strategic mindset and experienced in supporting more than one organization through common capabilities
• Experience in machine learning frameworks and deep learning toolsets (e.g. SciKit-learn, TensorFlow PyTorch, Caffe, Keras)
• Experience with AI/ML domain programming languages (e.g. Python, C++, Java, MatLab)
• Technical lead or leadership experience in software development
• Experience leading a diverse team showcasing strong team building, relationship building, and personal acumen
• A problem-solver with strong skills in decision-making (related to cost, schedule, technical, and risk) and closure (dedication to close open items/issues) to ensure mission success
• Good facilitator and able to lead resolution of issues
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex design information, technical decision and issues to both highly technical and non-technical peers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers
• Ability to develop create solutions to difficult problems often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data on a fast-paced schedule
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Experience across software toolchains targeted at specific hardware (e.g. Apache TVM, LLVM)
• Rapid software prototyping experience to create minimal viable products for evaluation of options
• Experience developing and deploying AI/ML models
• DevOps experience including CI/CD pipelines to build, test, deploy.
• Knowledge of classical AI techniques (e.g. rule based inferencing)
• Understanding of testing, planning, and procedures including validation and verification of system behaviors
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.