Lockheed Martin LM 400 System Engineering Manager in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion to be part of a team developing and delivering a new system on a national security program? The LM 400 program is looking to build a core team of highly motivated engineers excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help meet the challenges in developing and delivering an important, exciting technology for our nation!
As a System Engineering Manager for LM 400, you will:
• Execute the Program's systems engineering efforts to include technical direction, planning, and staffing
• Lead the charge to bring Agile processes to hardware development
• Provide oversight and support to critical team engineering skill development
• Use your background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
• Use your excellent communication skills to coordinate and resolve issues across programs that affect software, hardware, identify risks and appropriate mitigation plans
• Lead across the program lifecycle, helping to establish solid requirements at multiple levels, and drive execution through design, integration, and test
• Lead and perform technical planning, system integration, validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Systems Engineering process knowledge and experience with engineering processes and reviews
• Strong team collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to maintain process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment
• Team leadership experience; ensuring all tasks are identified, executed, and completed
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Experience working through the full lifecycle phases of a Space development program, preferably for the US Government
• Experience applying Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering processes related to this position
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Experience with satellite production programs
• Ability to learn quickly and effectively mentor junior engineers
• Demonstrated experience as both a technical leader and individual contributor in the requirements and verification area
• Experience with system-level (SW / HW) interdependencies and processes
• Experience with Agile tools and processes
• Excellent technical writing, planning and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Active Top Secret or SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.