Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Associate Manager in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
Within these Programs, you will participate in the design, development, verification and deployment of complex new software.
The Tb&S (Testbed and Simulation) Software Product Line is seeking a highly motivated Associate Manager to join the team and take on technical and project management duties. This position reports to the Tb&S software product manager and will serve as the functional manager for approximately 20 software and project engineers.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Workforce management
• Personnel development
• Collaboration across the different Tb&S teams
• Project lead of one of our many projects
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with software leads within the Product Line.
• Provide regular status briefings to program management. Identify technical, cost, and schedule risks.
• Identify staffing requirements to product team management
• Perform functional manager duties, hire staff, give employee feedback and career development for direct reports
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Ability to lead a team of software and project engineers.
- Previous software development experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Full Spectrum Leadership
- Experience with full Software Development Life-cycle.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent team orientation with strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience with Embedded Software Development.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis/Design.
- Demonstrated and proven ability to support multiple engineering discipline requirements and coordination of employee task assignment, etc. while leading and balancing the needs of the personnel on the team.
- Previous technical or management experience
- Demonstrated communication/presentation experience.
- Understanding of satellite software systems.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and development environments.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.