Mentor, A Siemens Business Corporate Application Engineer (PCB) - 9005 in Longmont, Colorado
Corporate Application Engineer (PCB) - 9005
Work Location US - CO, Longmont
Req ID 9005
Job Category Customer Support
Company: Mentor GraphicsJob Title: Corporate Application Engineer (PCB) - 9005
Job Location: USA -CO - Longmont
Job Category: Customer Support
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
We are seeking a Corporate Application Engineer to provide technical support to our customers using Mentor Graphics PCB Design software applications.Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Provide general application support and trouble-shooting/problem-solving to internal and external customers using phone, screen sharing and email.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Trouble-shoot software problems and find solutions and workarounds and communicate solutions to customers
- Document software defects in our bug-tracking database and document solutions in our customer-facing knowledge base. Documented solutions often require creation of short videos.
Opportunities for career growth include:
- Providing formal software application training to customers.
- Providing professional consulting to our customers on application installation and setup, creating automation scripts, validating or creating models for our analysis applications.
- Providing professional consulting delivering analysis services and/or creation of customer HyperLynx DRC rules.
- Education: BSEE or MSEE.
- 5-10 years experience and/or understanding of the PCB design process is required.
- Experience with any PCB design tool such as DX Designer, Xpedition, PADS, Cadence Allegro, Eagle PCB, Altium or others.
Knowledge and experience with any one or more of the following analysis tools:
- Cadence Sigrity
- Knowledge and experience with any programming or scripting language highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of PCB design problems such as EMI/EMC, signal integrity and power integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to contribute in a remote team environment.
- Ability to document procedures and debugging knowledge.
- Willingness to travel to internal meetings and customer sites.
- Requires the ability to manage and solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Job will require multitasking of several complex issues at once, so prioritization ability is essential.
- Programming experience highly desirable
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Wilsonville site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, child development center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.