Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Sr Staff - Software Associate Chief Engineer in Longmont, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
Every day, our 100,000 employees come to work with one focus – our customers’ missions. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
Lockheed Martin Space is not just about satellites... the Strategic & Missile Defense business area offers growing opportunities to work programs focused on the protection of our nation and allies from a multitude of threats. Our exciting programs are dynamic in nature and often times focus on significant geo-political trends.
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
As the Associate Chief Engineer for Software Engineering in Lockheed Martin’s Space Systems Company, you’ll design revolutionary systems for a wide range of customers. You will coordinate technical requirements among diverse projects to obtain maximum synergy across designs and leverage the latest design principles including service-oriented architecture and cloud design. You will be the Ground Segment Technical Authority for Software Engineering, manage the NGG Ground SW Technical Baseline and provide Technical Leadership for NGG Ground Enterprise SW for Development
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To be successful, you need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Fluency in a wide range of software design principles that enable maintainability, reuse, and interoperability
• Coordinate across a diverse set of projects to attain design synergy and reduce costs and effort
• Develop long-term technical roadmaps and convince nontechnical audiences of their value
• Define system level solutions to fulfill customer needs
• Mastery of service-oriented architecture or microservices-based architectures
• Mastery of at least one enterprise-grade programming language: Java, C++, or equivalent
• Conversant in a wide range of other programming languages
• Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or master’s degree in technical field with ample software experience strongly preferred
• Applications Programming Interface (API) Design
• Publish/subscribe architectures
• High-volume data streams
• Real time systems
• Algorithm design and performance analysis
• High availability systems
• Ecosystem development
• Agile software development
• Proposals and business development
• Cloud based architectures
• Container-based design, such as through Docker or comparable technology
• Satellite ground system experience
• Experience with ecosystems of applications
• Experience with satellite imagery, computer vision, or imagery analysis
• Unified Modelling Language (UML), or other structured design language
• Software test methodology and test automation
• Must be eligible for/willing to apply for TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.