Oracle Sr. Cloud Architect in Longmont, Colorado
Partners with customers, sales, engineering and product teams to design, demonstrate and deploy Oracle Cloud architectures that address customer business problems. Drives Oracle Cloud customer consumption by accelerating the adoption of Oracle cloud services including discovery, design and deployment.
Responsible for engaging with strategic and more complex customers, builds leadership relationships at multiple levels within organizations in order to design and implement solutions. Works directly with customers to gather requirements, develop architectures and translates business needs into solutions. May implement solutions and ensure successful deployments through code development and scripting. Displays product/application understanding through highly customized presentation demonstrations to customers and at conferences and events. Supports customer from Proof of Concept (POC) through production deployment of services via resource configuration, planning, and customer education/training. Creates and distributes technical assets (white papers, solution code, blog posts, and video demonstrations). Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new solutions, products, and processes. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies. Acts as an acknowledged authority for customers and sales on technical cloud solutions and customer success. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. Identifies gaps and enhancements to influence engineering roadmaps for customer driven features. Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies.
Minimum qualifications include: 12 years experience with computer applications and tools required. Ability to travel 50% international and domestic. Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor of Science-level university degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering from accredited university; and/or relevant 12 years technical experience. Advanced degree in relevant field of studies highly desirable. Expertise in and an in depth and thorough knowledge of penetrating accounts, meeting stakeholders within accounts, and interaction with C level; Competitive and industry knowledge in the field of computer applications and tools; System and application design; Implementation of advanced product features; Project management; Solving technical problems with customers in technical environments; Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Needs analysis, positioning, and business justification. 12 years experience and expertise in the clear communication of technical information to others through presentations, demonstrations, written communication and consultative solutioning experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Senior Cloud Architect for North America Cloud Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, accelerating pipeline and cloud consumption for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services, workloads and use-cases. The Sr. Cloud Architect is highly skilled in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and has deep subject matter expertise and knowledge to solve the hardest customer issues in the context of strategic sales engagements. The Sr. Cloud Architects responsibilities include thoroughly understanding customers’ business requirements, leading the technical pursuits required to capture cloud bookings and assisting in the customer adoption of Oracle’s Cloud capabilities. In addition, this individual will have a unique perspective from which to contribute to key business decisions and company-wide cloud strategies and initiatives. S/he must develop a comprehensive strategy and drive results by:
• As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers/partners understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Establishing customer cloud solutions fueled by the Oracle Cloud that deliver growth and tangible, measured outcomes aligned to sales bookings with extreme focus on consumption goals.
• Building, motivating and expanding team members and individuals ensuring the account team is agile, can scale to demand, and is optimized across all cloud products and business segments.
• Measure, analyze, track and report business, process and quality metrics to achieve targets while examining trends and identifying areas for improvement.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with sales, product management, development and other functional areas within Oracle.
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Development of strong relationships with the relevant Sales, Customer, Product Management and Engineering teams.
• Mastery of Oracle Cloud products and plans.
• Successfully engaged with some of the largest and most strategic accounts.
• Demonstrated technical credibility within Oracle and with Oracle customers.
• Drive customer adoption of Oracle Cloud
PREFERRED PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, CHARACTERISTICS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Architecture role requires a combination of both technical and soft skills. We expect every architect to have strong all-round technical skills, and we believe that the ability to engage with people, communicate an idea and build a consensus is just as important as getting the technical solution right.
Accountable for the solution architecture and deployment designs for cloud solutions that deliver against the customer’s business goals and to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements, such as security, network, performance, resilience, service management are fully understood and mapped to Cloud Oracle solutions.
Cloud solution architects take responsibility for architecture from the initial idea through the deployment. You will be involved from the start of a customer engagement, through the design phase and will continue your involvement until the customer has a working solution on Oracle cloud.
The ideal candidate must be a high-energy, strategic, creative and technical expert leader in cloud technology, hybrid on prem/cloud deployment models with a performance-based track record of success. Highly familiar with technology landscape of large enterprise customers. This role requires technical cloud subject matter expertise and the capability to influence critical and timely transformational change for our customers.
The successful candidate:
• 10 years of experience in Solution architecture. A large portion of recent experience must be working with large customers on their Cloud journey.
• An experienced and credible technical expert with a recognized deep enterprise cloud technical skill set.
• A dynamic technically-astute manager who understands what it takes to develop consumption pipeline around cloud products and promote cloud consumption.
• A proven and enthusiastic, high-energy, motivating leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and galvanizing an organization.
• A balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high-level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thought.
• An exceptional communicator who can write, present and effectively adjust messages to meet individual audiences and organizations.
• A proven ability to navigate and effectively collaborate with other departments and resources in large complex environments.
• Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
• Wide knowledge of IT and modern Development market and trends
• Have owned or at least been involved in the platforming choices and decisions having been through the on-premise to Cloud journey
• Experience migrating to or architecting microservices cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such “cloud native” applications
• Experience migrating applications from on-premise to the cloud and/or experience architecting and developing a next generation SaaS offering.
• Ability to map enterprise architectures through solution and technical architectures that deliver expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements
• Strong executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical interface between Oracle Cloud teams and end customers.
• Ability to work autonomously is highly desired.
Key responsibilities of a Lead Architect:
• Responsible for establishing technical credibility by driving discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, etc.
• Guides solution formulation and technical architecture proposals using roadmaps; maximizes alignment and ease of adoption of new services and products as they become available
• Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams, including Sales, solutions architecture, professional services (OCS/ACS), and support (CSM).
• Operate as role model within the Cloud Architect community and mentor Solution Engineers, capturing and sharing best practices with the ECA community
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related discipline preferred. Advanced degree highly desirable.
• Public Cloud Certification (Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) Required
Architecture or other appropriate certifications like TOGAF, CISSP, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince preferred
Job: *Pre Sales
Title: Sr. Cloud Architect
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 200010UN