Lockheed Martin Systems Integration in Louisville, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space has an opportunity for a dynamic, hardworking senior authority Systems Engineer who wants to join our mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Space Business Transformation Team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Lockheed Martin Space has embarked on a transformational journey – destination the future. Digital Transformation is Lockheed Martin’s path to the future with its interconnected environment where data becomes information and information drives decisions that create value across the entire lifecycle. To help us along this journey Space is seeking a qualified candidate Systems Engineer. We’re looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm in model-based engineering, systems architecture and modeling, requirements development and management, risk and opportunity management, needs identification, systems integration and implementation!
Based out of either Littleton, CO, Sunnyvale, CA, or Valley Forge, PA in this Systems Engineer role you will support the Lockheed Martin Space Business Transformation Office. This role will have regular engagement and partnership with the Space Business Transformation Systems Engineering & Architecture team including guidance and direction from the Chief Systems Engineer, Chief Enterprise Architect, and Space Digital Business Transformation Program Management, but will be expected to communicate their responsibilities up to Sr Leadership regularly and proactively, across the broader team, and execute their duties with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or closely related field
- Subject matter expertise in model-based engineering practices, requirements, and standards
a. System trade studies and/or System modeling
b. Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c. System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d. Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e. Design reviews
- System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
- Demonstrated Program/Project Management and/or leadership skills
- Experience with Agile management including agile software, agile infrastructure and/or agile program management
- 10+ years with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
- Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
- Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
- Experience with systems architecture development and systems modeling practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
- Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Proposal preparation and negotiation
- Ability to get results from teams without direct authority
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
- Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
- Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.