Ingersoll Rand Program Manager - Chiller Performance Systems in PUEBLO, Colorado
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Program Manager is part of the product design organization and is responsible for managing the product selection software as well as related systems and processes that drive product commercialization and support global sales for Trane Screw and Scroll chillers. Success in this key role requires coordinating the efforts of a global, multi-discipline team of product design/system engineers, controls engineers, software developers, project managers, product managers and marketing professionals. Additionally, this position will support the development and improvement of sales tools to better serve our customers and drive share growth.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Manage the modeling of screw and scroll chillers used in the product selection software (TOPSS) and global chiller performance management (GCPM) software to align the controls functionality used by the chiller. This is achieved by working with product design engineering, controls engineering, sales tools software developers, and the system modeling team on limits, unloading, fan optimization, freeze avoidance, and modeling solver convergence issues.
- Work with buy/resell team (sourced products team) and related 3rdparty companies to create and coordinate system models and other commercialization deliverables for deployment of Trane branded scroll chillers in the product selection software.
- Coordinate and contribute in setting up the product structure and software interface including product definition, range rules, disallow rules, mechanical specification, guide specification, and pricing.
- Responsible for providing direction for required software changes and validation testing of changes. Has approval authority to release software revisions for any projects or engineering changes that affect performance, electrical, charge, weights, dimensions, sound or other data provided through the selection software.
- Support the product launch process by working with the global product design, commercialization, and software development teams to coordinate and execute monthly software updates to support strategic road maps.
- Manage the modeling of performance through the global chiller performance management system to align customer test targets with selection software performance data. This includes the supporting issue resolution of actual chiller test results to the test targets.
- Ensure AHRI 550/590 compliance with publication of performance data in selection software and reports and provide input for changes to AHRI 550/590 as well as WCCL and ACCL operating manuals.
- Reflect ASHRAE 90.1 compliance with publication of performance data.
- Work with product management, product support and field account managers to optimize and improve the output and data provided by the sales tools software to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Communicate and manage the project pipeline for planned sales software releases including global coordination of shared resources.
- Perform periodic audits on engineering documentation, drawings, and business rules to validate parity between engineering/manufacturing and published performance, dimensions, features, options, etc.
- Review/audit test data with the performance models periodically to ensure accuracy, work with product engineers to adjust models when needed, look for TLME opportunities and manage performance risk.
- Ensure change management processes are utilized effectively to ensure customer satisfaction and scope/risk management.
- Ability to travel to various locations to support NPD projects, products and/or train others 10%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least 5 years of work experience in a project management or product design environment.
- At least one college level programming course or familiar with/understand at least one of the following: Visual Basic, VBA, Java, C , FORTRAN, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, attention to detail and project management skills.
- Solid understanding of software development process, including testing & quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of product development processes, IRPDP experience preferred.
- Strong project management competency, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate consistently high leadership qualities, including ability to influence/gain acceptance from members of cross-functional teams without direct authority to deliver business results.
- Passion for continuous learning and willingness to adapt to changing environments.
- Chiller product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with TOPSS and use of UP1 and UP2 software tools is preferred.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology and use of Jira and Git software team tools is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle SQL and experience with web services is a plus.
- Commercial sales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of MDP, CINCOM, LYNX and other Trane sales and ERP systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and support of corporate goals, objectives or initiatives.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: PUEBLO-Colorado
Other Locations: North America-United States-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 11, 2018, 3:26:29 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.