Leidos Site Lead/Quality Assurance in PUEBLO, Colorado
Leidos has future job opportunity for a Site Lead/Quality Assurance to support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) program. This position will be located in Pueblo, CO. The expected award date is October 2017.
The successful candidate will support the Program Manager in the coordination/execution of all activities related to the task scope. The incumbent will manage the technical; cost and schedule of assigned tasks or functions and has frequent interface with task leaders, subcontractors, support personnel and customers. Project managers have financial management responsibility.
• Serves as the Site Lead/Business Analyst at BGCAPP, managing the implementation of the BGCAPP Field Office.
• The Project Manager plans, coordinates, and manages the actions taken by Leidos to acquire and execute this task.
• Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements, plan and implement actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services, direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
• The Project Manager should be successful at directing the planning, development and implementation of small projects according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements.
• Participates in project initiation activates, including plan and budget preparation; leads the project team in successfully executing the project as planned and budgeted; and oversees project closeout activities, including collecting lessons learned.
• Manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality project outputs on time and within budget.
• Ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
• Must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, and assures customer we are executing project effectively.
• The primary responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Specialist are to provide oversight, develop, implement, and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities.
• Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of FO procedures and activities which can include standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 family of standards), quality audits/review, Taguchi methods, process reengineering, etc.
• Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
• Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years of applicable experience in managing projects.
• Prior project experience required, with at least 2 years of successful task lead experience.
• Should have moderate knowledge of this field and domain gained by experience in working on similar projects / programs.
• Organization PM Training: Organization Core Curriculum or equivalency for Project Type 1: electives based on assessment.
• Certifications: PMP® or other certification (e.g. DAWIA) highly recommended.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.