Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Data Architect in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
To understand the current state data landscape and define solution recommendations in alignment with overall data management strategy and enterprise architecture standards. Develops the approach for the implementation of data architecture and data management lifecycle components and processes. Provides guidance and technical leadership to data analysts, development and testing teams.
*Essential Functions: *
- Translates business needs into the development and maintenance of enterprise data architecture
- Leads technical domain and business discussions relative to future architecture direction, aligning architectural strategy with business goals
- Responsible for development of logical and physical modeling of enterprise data structures
- Defines data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the firms’ data/information structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, including: Master data, meta-data, database analysis, database design and Business Intelligence (BI) tools, etc
- Reviews and approves technical specs for data integration, data quality and MDM processes
- Data management solution architecture and design review/coordination with data management analysts and GAO team for delivery
- Promotes the sharing and reuse of data across projects and business areas
- Recommends information management framework changes and applies to existing process
- Assesses adjustments and course corrections to the information architecture as necessary
- Enforces policies, standards, guidelines and procedures governing enterprise data
- Executes data architecture functions as needed in support of firm’s enterprise data governance program
- Perform data profiling and data quality assessments
- Ability to work with business and IT colleagues to interpret needs and apply/explain/teach modeling concepts
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school or college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 10 years minimum
- 25% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Data Architect
Job ID: 665735
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time