Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Data Lifecycle Mgr in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
To lead the approach for the implementation of enterprise data architecture and data management lifecycle components and process. Ensures alignment of all solution recommendations to overall data management strategy and enterprise architecture standards. Mentors enterprise wide data management system team and other IT staff on data management system and solution methods, best practices, and applications.
- Partners with the information technology (IT) management, steering committees and senior business management to review business needs and ensure that the enterprise information architecture is aligned with other IT architectures.
- Sponsors and triggers data project initiatives and aligns business stakeholders. Develops business cases, project charters and project teams as needed.
- Leads other data architects through development of logical and physical modeling of enterprise data structures
- Leads architecture, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plans
- Leads definition of data/information architecture standards, policies and procedures for the firms’ data/information structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, including: Master data, meta-data, database analysis, database design and Business Intelligence (BI) tools, etc
- Oversees data management solution architecture and design review/coordination with data management analysts and GAO team for delivery
- Reviews the current data architecture to identify weaknesses and develops opportunities for improvements
- Promotes the sharing and reuse of data across projects and business areas
- Reviews and approves information management framework changes and applies to existing process
- Oversees and facilitates Data Governance lifecycle for all IT based functions and roles
- Mentors enterprise wide data management system team and other IT staff on data management system and solution methods, best practices, and applications
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school or college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 15 years minimum
- 25% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Data Lifecycle Mgr
Job ID: 665736
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time