Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst (663721) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
FP&A; Analyst III–
What You’ll Do:
- Provide Financial Planning and Analysis support to the Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Support the TS SBU indirect budget development, tracking and reporting.
- Interface with internal and external auditors on indirect audit inquiries.
- Work with Contracts, Accounting, Project Controls and others as necessary to maximum working capital usage.
- Support the preparation of monthly Business Area Review packages (BAR) for presentation to TS management.
- Support the preparation of Yearly Operations/Strategic plans and quarterly reforecasts.
- Interface with all levels of the TS organization.
- Prepare and present pertinent financial information.
- Work with Finance or the SBU on ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Financial planning & analysis, accounting, project controls, contracts.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate with immediate supervisor, team members, and other personnel as required.
- Must be highly analytical with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and conscientious.
- Proficiency and experience in the following is required:
- MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and highly skilled in Excel including pivot tables
- Cost planning, budgeting, control, analysis, and reporting.
- Accounting and Financial Planning Tools/Systems
- Financial Forecast Tools (i.e., BART)
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Costpoint is beneficial.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst (663721)
Job ID: 663721
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time