Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Structural Engineer (664658) Security Clearance Required in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Structural Engineer
What you'll do:
- Perform structural analysis on advanced satellite and tactical hardware which may include spacecraft, instruments, antennas, electronics, precision mechanisms, optical systems, and ground support equipment.
- Perform structural analysis tasks which may include detail stress analysis using closed form and finite element analysis techniques, structural dynamics, loads analysis, preparation of detailed engineering analysis reports, development of structural test requirements, and supporting structural and vibration testing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering, or a related technical field is required, plus 12 or more years of related experience. Coursework in statics, dynamics, strength of materials, and linear algebra is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current Top Secret clearance is required
- Previous experience in the following areas is preferred: structural analysis to support electronics and tactical antennas, bond analysis, composites and other non-traditional materials, structural dynamics.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
- Proficiency in the use of NASTRAN finite element analysis including static, modal, frequency response is required.
- Proficiency in the use of IDEAS, NX, NASTRAN or similar finite element pre/post processing software is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of SolidWorks is preferred.
- Programming experience with MATLAB or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Structural Engineer (664658) Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 664658
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time